Zermatt is situated in the Wallis Kanton of Switzerland at the head of the Rhone valley, close to the Italian border. It is easily accessible from the following airports: Geneva, Zurich, EuroAirport Basel, Milan Malpensa. For private jets, there is a smaller regional airport of Sion.
Approx. times by car/road transfer:
- Geneva: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Zurich: 3 hours 30 minutes
- EuroAirport Basel: 3 hours 40 minutes
- Milan Malpensa: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Sion: 1 hour 15 minutes from Zermatt ( for private jets only)
Additionally, Switzerland has an excellent rail network, which connect all the main airports and cities to Zermatt. For more information visit sbb.ch
Helicopter transfers are also available from all airports within Switzerland and Milan.